Welcome to MVMA!
As the association of Massachusetts veterinarians, MVMA recognizes the importance of the people who work with veterinarians to make veterinary medicine what it is today, including veterinary technicians; clinical practice and laboratory staff; industry representatives; veterinary students; veterinary technology students; Cummings Veterinary School administration, staff, and faculty; government officials and staff; and others. We believe that, together, we comprise the Massachusetts Veterinary Community. We appreciate your participation in this community and thank you for the value you bring to our professions. We look forward to working with you.
To get around our website, use the left-hand and right-hand navigation menus and links within the text. You'll find some of the more notable or timely topics below. You can review CE opportunities and other events on the MVMA Calendar, which you can also reach through Meetings & Events (see the left-side navigation). And if you're looking for a job or looking to hire, use MVMA's online Job Bank.
When you join MVMA, you'll become one of the nearly 1,100 Massachusetts veterinarians who get more timely news, a voice in our government advocacy, discounts on CE and business services, and information and advice from MVMA's professional staff.
Visit the CDC Rabies center and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health online for information about rabies and humans. For information about rabies and animals, visit the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources.
Cutting pet meds costs? Video warns of online sales
(USA Today's website, 1/25/10)
Interested in Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Response?
Veterinary Practice CPR: Continuity, Planning and Recovery
It's likely that your city or town could use your expertise in assessing animal needs and designing a workable emergency management plan. Contact your police department or board of selectmen about volunteering for your local committee.
You also have opportunities to get informed and involved with the State of Massachusetts Animal Rescue Team. Veterinarians can help on a variety of committees and in many ways. Click here to visit the SMART website for more information.
MVMA's activities of interest include:
- Sponsoring veterinary continuing education at three conferences per year
- Providing news and information through this website and our newsletter, the MassVet News
- Supporting local VMAs throughout Massachusetts to build community and provide CE
- Coordinating a mentoring program that connects veterinary students with veterinarians
- Continuing the ongoing work of committees to further MVMA's mission, the veterinary profession, and the health and well-being of animals
- Cooperating with the Massachusetts Veterinary Technician Association on matters of common interest
- Advocating for veterinarians, animals, and the veterinary profession through our legislative committee and to regulatory agencies
- Reviewing continuing education programs for credit eligibility, on behalf of the Board of Registration
We invite you to attend our CE conferences as a registrant or exhibitor, subscribe to the MassVet News, support our charities, and use the non-restricted pages of our website. Your participation helps make our profession and the MVMA strong.
To learn about becoming a sponsor, contact the MVMA office.
The MVMA office is located at 163 Lakeside Avenue in Marlborough, MA 01752. You can contact us at 508-460-9333, via fax at 508-460-9969, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.